Monday, April 16, 2007

My Desk

I got tagged by Kate, so here is a picture of my "desk". It's right next to the big comfy recliner I like to sit in when I am on the computer. The laptop itself goes on a plastic stool by the chair, as the heat vents are on the bottom of the laptop, so if you put the laptop on a desk it can't "breathe." Don't know who the genius was who thought that one up.

So what's on my table? A mug of hot chocolate with whipped cream, great for those chilly days when one has a sore throat. My phone, plugged into its charger. Nail clippers, nail polish and my nail buffer for those manicure moments. Scissors and thread, since I like to sit in the recliner and do my hand sewing. A SmartMedia card for our digital camera and a back-up memory stick for my CLIÉ. Pens and pencils, including a drawing pencil and colored pencils, since I like to make sketches of the vintage fashions I am so interested in. Pictures that have been scanned, and print-outs, since my chair is close to the printer/scanner. Homeschool-mom-stuff, particularly the purple card holder, the crayons, the glue stick and the note cards. I make flash cards for the girls to drill them in their German vocabulary. My medication and a pill cutter, since the one medication I take knocks me out if I take more than a quarter pill at a time. And lastly, my buddies Holly Hobbie and Belle. Ta da!

So, let's see. I am going to tag my daughter The Young Explorer, since goodness only knows that she needs to post something on that blog of hers, and the Die-Hard Equestrian, since she likes taking photos.

1 comment:

skatey katie said...

sheesh barb, you are a master at fitting stuff in a small space....
great to see your zone X