Monday, April 23, 2007

I've Got a Plan

Seems Sheryl Crow can't stick to singing, you know, her profession, or raising money for cancer research, or learning how to spell her name. Nope, via Lilac Rose, she has to tell us that we're using too much toilet paper, and she thinks there should be a ban on using too much, to help the sacred environment. So my plan is, besides making sure Sheryl Crow doesn't do any more "thinking," that she should be the one to enforce this ban. Come over to my house every day and keep track of how much toilet paper my family uses. Oh, and since she thinks paper napkins are wasteful as well, she can do all the extra laundry created by the two hundred cloth napkins my darling children will go through every day. I'm sure we can find a few extra dresses in her closet to cut up and use to wipe up spills. Then she won't need as big of a house, so it's a win/win situation all around.

5 comments:

Jane said...

Why, oh why, do these people think that having a bit of talent makes them the consciences of the Western World?
And yes, I love using cloth napkins, but you can tell that the woman doesn't live with three sons. :)

Elephantschild said...

Sparkle Kitty likes to wipe without tearing the piece off the roll. So far I've been able to prevent an entire roll of tree-flesh from being ignominiously flushed down the sewer. Although that would make really, really good video...

Happy Earth Day! Once again, I forgot to stake my lawnmower to the clothesline pole and let it run in a circle. Ah... there's always next year.

Susan B. said...

Hi Barb,

Did you see her tour rider? That's a pretty big carbon footprint she has there. Not to mention all that booze. Booze means more pee, which means more toilet paper damaging Mother Earth. ;-)

Jonathan said...

and if she limited her words (i.e. kept her mouth shut), she could also help conserve precious oxygen...

Scottius Maximus said...

Barb!

All these people want to do is have some fun. I think they make this stuff up for laughs just to watch the media and the internet go crazy over it.

I think we're getting punked. It is not possible to be this stupid.





(Is it?)