Saturday, March 31, 2007

I'm Not Just Evil, I'm Sinister


I enjoy hand sewing, finding it very relaxing, and I'm trying to get into more hand sewing and embroidery as my daughters are involved in more activities where I am sitting around waiting for them to be done. As I have worked on increasing my hand sewing proficiency over the years, the book in this picture has been a great help, since sewing for me is backward from the way you so-called "normal" people do it. I'd like to find a book on doing embroidery stitches left-handed, because I'm experiencing frustration trying to make attractive stitches right now. Maybe it just needs practice.

5 comments:

Fr. V said...

Ach!

I worked in a costume shop to help pay my way through college. I hated sewing by hand (probably because I was not any good at it.) Whenever people weren't watching I found ways to do just about everything by machine.

I was aslo horrible at ironing. And washing. No wonder they were excited when I left.

Scottius Maximus said...

Barb!

I'm also sinister.

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Woo hoo! I knew I liked you, Scottius!

Father, working in a costume shop is one of my ideas of a dream job! :)

Anonymous said...

Alas Barb, I am adroit, and dextrous, or just plain right.

My condolences on the NCAA final...I was pulling for the Buckeyes.

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Thanks for the condolences, Kerner. I'm not a huge Buckeyes fan, but there is such a thing as state pride.

You righties! I know so many of you!