Friday, April 27, 2007

Their Day

Well, the girls are sure about two things from their day with Daddy yesterday. They don't want to work in a cube farm, and meetings are boring! :) Fortunately, they both brought something to do, so they didn't absolutely *die* of boredom. They each got a goodie bag when they signed in yesterday morning; here are pictures of their "loot."


They made cards for the troops at lunchtime, which I thought was a very nice gesture (my husband works for a greeting card company.) They also got a little tour of the building from a woman who works with my husband. Actually, lots of my husband's co-workers already know the girls from our Wednesday Lunches with Daddy, which made the day more fun for them. Another co-worker let the Scientist play Sudoku on his phone. :)

4 comments:

Elephantschild said...

Since I haven't met you in person, Barb, I'll refrain from jokes about greeting card poetry. But it's tempting!

So when you get a Birthday Card or Mother's Day card, do you ask Mr. Evil Genius if he fished it out of the trash at work?

(Hee, hee, hee. Ducking and running...)

Barb the Evil Genius said...

My husband's in computers, so he is no way involved in the production of any sappy greeting cards! Actually, we've groaned at some of the online greeting cards ourselves.

Actually, there's a big card store right in the building, and employees get a discount from regular prices, so no reason to go dumpster diving for cards, lol!

Emily said...

Funny, I learned I dont want to work in a cube farm either when I went there...

:P

Consecutive Odds said...

I'm so glad your kids had that day! It's so special to spend time with Dad!