Friday, April 13, 2007

Happy Friday the 13th!

Anyone else out here a 13th baby? Well, I suspect Lutheran Lucy is. :) Anyway, my husband and both have birthdays on the 13th of a month, two months apart. We wanted to get married on June 13th, directly in between our birthdays, but Leap Year messed it up, so we got married on June 12th instead. I believe I turned 13 on a Friday the 13th!

Although I gave the girls off of "school" this week for the most part, I've been busy, doing some sewing and cleaning up my sewing room. I finished two shirts for the Scientist yesterday. I suspect she'll wear the Pooh one as a pajama top, but that's okay, she needs new pajamas too.

I may be getting an old pattern file from a sewing store in Youngstown, OH, that is going out of business. Woo hoo! No more stacked up cardboard boxes, if my brother-in-law was able to snag one for me.

Speaking of kids being off from school, does anyone else think it's a shame that so many kids today seem to spend their vacation holed up in day care anyway? I mean, I know a lot of moms have to work, and all that. But still, it seems sad that so many kids spend their time at school, or in some sort of day care/"camp" program. My girls love being able to be home and play with their toys, or play a video game, or ride their bikes or putz around the yard.

2 comments:

Dan @ Necessary Roughness said...

Anyone else out here a 13th baby?

My parents decided two was enough. :)

skatey katie said...

dan you are a funny guy !!!!!!!!

14th june is moi: and R13 is 15th june, nothing like being in labour on yer birthday, but she was *so* worth it X