Friday, March 30, 2007

Ho Hum

Life seems a little bit boring right now. I'm getting a lot done, cleaning and organizing the house, and sewing some spring and summer clothes for the girls, but nothing exciting is happening on that front. I plan on posting pics of some of the clothes I make for the girls, and also my new sewing/doll room when I get moved in and get it set up, but there is not much going on on that front.

I'm looking forward to Easter, but with the weather looking like we may get snow on Easter Sunday, maybe the girls should re-wear their Christmas dresses! It's pretty much official that it will just be the four of us for Easter dinner, which is nice, but then again not out of the ordinary. At least we won't need to buy a big ham.

I've been sleeping too much, again, so I've cut back on my medication, again. Between that and my computer dying periodically, blog time has been cut back. But it looks like my husband has fixed the computer problem, and if I can stay awake and active, blog time should be going back up.

6 comments:

Scottius Maximus said...

Barb!

You must not get ESPN Classic, because otherwise you'd be sleepless in anticipation of their exciting 'American Gladiators' marathon today!

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Scottius, we don't even have cable!! :0 Otherwise, yeah, I'd be thrilled to death!

jau said...

Hey, we share movie taste (assuming that was sarcasm)! And since you're a hotshot sewer, tell me about sewing machines. I want to make some tops and skirts - not highly fitted but nice. (It's too impossible to find what I want in the stores.) What should I look at, think about, etc.??

Barb the Evil Genius said...

If you've never sewed before, you might want to start with a simple machine. Straight stitch and zig zag would be the basics of what you need if you are making your tops and skirts out of knit (stretchy) material. If you want to use plain woven (non-stretchy) fabrics, look at getting something that can do a serger-type stitch to finish the seams, and of course buttonholes are important. Anything beyond that, like fancy embroidery stitches, is not necessary but is fun!

jau said...

Thanks, Barb! I'll go look today and maybe get going. May I ask you basic questions from time to time?

You should post photos of what you make! We'd love to see them.

Barb the Evil Genius said...

You can certainly ask any questions you want! I love to get other people interested in sewing. I will post some photos soon; it's just that I've made kinda uninteresting stuff lately, like shorts for my daughters for summer.