Monday, March 12, 2007

Shake It Up

Did you feel it? Apparently, if you live in southeast Cuyahoga County and northeast Summit county you might have felt an earthquake a little after 7 P.M. It was 3.6 on the Richter scale and the center was near Ravenna, OH. That's near where my husband and I went to college. For reference for those out of the state (and/or country!) Ravenna is about an hour by car southeast of the city of Cleveland. The only earthquake I ever felt was during my senior year in high school. I could feel a vibration through my body and the desk on the second floor of my school building.

In other local news, Eric Carmen, who was with the Raspberries in the 1970s and who also had a solo career, and who now lives in Gates Mills, Ohio, was charged with DUI. So how many of his songs that he wrote or performed do you know: "All by Myself," "Hungry Eyes," "Almost Paradise," "Never Gonna Fall in Love Again," "Go All the Way," and "I Wanna Be with You" (the last two with the Raspberries.)

No comments: