Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there! I'm enjoying the day hanging out with my family, although I'll probably get some sewing in too.

I want to show off the great necklace Kate5Kiwis made for me! When the Scientist was in kindergarten, for Mother's Day all the kids made mom a beaded necklace that said "(kid's name) LOVES MOM". But Wildchild never went to regular kindergarten, and I couldn't have a necklace from only one daughter! So seeing what a great beader Kate is, I asked her to make a matching necklace for me that says "(Wildchild) LOVES MOM" and she did. I wore them with pride to church today! I sent Kate a super-secret package of goodies in return. Hope she likes what's in it! Kate did a great job on my necklace!


To see some examples of moms whose kids are probably letter-bombing them for Mother's Day, go check out Baby's Named a Bad, Bad Thing. Hilariously funny, with snarky commentary!

3 comments:

skatey katie said...

wooooooooo hoooooooooo barb
so glad you love it.. and i am so excited to be getting a *surprise* from you.....

Susan B. said...

That's beautiful. Happy Mother's Day to you, Barb!

Jane said...

What cute necklaces!

My two oldest and I stayed up way too late last night laughing until we cried over the baby name site.