Thursday, May 03, 2007

More Dreaming

So since we've talked about our dream *vocation*, what would your dream *vacation* be? The more I think about it, the more I realize that sitting around on a beach somewhere is not for me. My dream vacation, and this is not a surprise for those who know me, would be to hit all the major amusement parks in the U.S. I want to ride on all the top roller coasters in the country! So far, besides all the biggies at Cedar Point, and that is saying a lot, I've only ridden the Beast at King's Island and GhostRider at Knott's Berry Farm, as far as top-flight roller coasters.

Yes, I love spinning in tea cups, and boat rides, and ferris wheels, and especially roller coasters, better than lying quietly in the sun. Am I insane? :)

5 comments:

Jane said...

You need to get up to Great America and ride Raging Bull. I've promised my kids a trip to Cedar Point this summer. I can't believe we've spent four summers this close and have never been here.

My dream vacation would be a month to roam around England and Ireland and then another month for Germany and Italy.

Elephantschild said...

A trip back "home" to Liberia, with Dh and Sparkle Kitty so I could show them where I grew up. We probably would spend time at the beach, but it's not resort-style beach. Just water and sand and coconut trees.

Alternatively, a private cabin or lodge with pool, hot tub, and sauna, and lots and lots and lots of books. And a coffeemaker. And maybe my sewing machine and That Quilt.

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Jane, I think Great America would be on my list. You'll have a ball at Cedar Point; it's great! I would like to go back to Germany, and visit Ireland and Italy.

EC, a private cabin or lodge does sound like heaven!

skatey katie said...

lol.
paris in the summertime for me.
you never know, hubby is entering a competition.........
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
:o)

Scottius Maximus said...

Barb!

How about a trip to Busch Stadium to see the Cardinals play? Oops, that would have been better last year!

Seriously, if I had a vacation I'd spend it out on my deck. I've seen enough of this world to know that other people's grass is no more exciting to me than my own.