Thursday, May 24, 2007

Gorgeous Weather

Yet another advantage to homeschooling is that the girls and I can enjoy the weather, especially now when the summer weather is coming in and it is warm and sunny outside. With lots of schools doing away with recess altogether, I can't imagine how students (and teachers!) can stand not having a break. When I look back, most of my fondest memories of grade school are of recesses! And I mostly enjoyed learning, except for math. Children are just made to run around outside and play, I think. My girls can even do some school work outside, much pleasanter than being cooped indoors. It wasn't until I started college that I ever had a class taught outside. There were some places that were perfect for sitting outside.

3 comments:

skatey katie said...

Children are just made to run around outside and play, I think.

me too.
we've just had *two* luscious sunshine days here too.... of course we went to... the beach lol

Marie N. said...

We occasionally take a lesson or a book outdoors too.

Presbytera said...

I remember a college English class which regularly met outside underneath the trees studying Langston Hughes -- taught by a black professor -- it was the 60's after all.

This past week, we also have done some school work outside just to soak up the sun