Thursday, July 12, 2007

Women and Work

I was not surprised to see the results of a new study that shows most women would prefer to work part-time. Personally, I prefer to work full-time... from home! :) Teaching my daughters, doing housework, sewing, cooking, are plenty of work for me! But this study goes along with the idea offered by people like the women at the Independent Women's Forum, who also noticed this study, that any discrepancies between the pay of women and men can for the most part be attributed to the fact that women generally prefer to not push as hard on the career fast-track as men. I'm not going to offer any anecdotal evidence about others here; I'm just going to say that I have found my talents and abilities best suited to managing my home, and if I ever do work outside my home, I hope it's not more than part-time.

No comments: