Saturday, July 21, 2007

Our Sweet Daughter?

After church tomorrow, we're meeting up with my sister-in-law and her husband, and attending the Great Lakes Medieval Faire. I was reminded of when we went a few years ago, and my daughters were each allowed to pick one item to buy from among the vendors. The Scientist was going through a musical phase, and chose a flute made out of wood. Wildchild's choice was a little more interesting. She chose this pretty ring.

Only thing is, it's a poison ring. The stone lifts up, and there's a place where poison can be placed to be secretly deposited into an unfortunate's drink. Perhaps it was just us, but it was weird buying a poison ring for our five-year-old. She liked it, though, and it was what she chose...

Also in the maybe-it's-just-me category, I used to refer to it as a Borgia ring, after the Spanish family notorious for poisoning, but nobody ever seemed to know what I was talking about. Would any of my intelligent readers understand if they heard about a "Borgia ring"?

1 comment:

Jane said...

I would have guessed. :)