Monday, July 23, 2007

Greed

I hate to make sweeping "I'm picking up my toys and going home" statements, but I don't think I'll be very interested in watching Cleveland Browns football this year, after this. I don't know anything beyond what's in this article, but Quinn has not even signed with the Browns yet, undoubtedly because he's holding out for an enormous contract. For someone who expects multiple millions, asking $75 or more for a signature just seems like nothing more than pure, unadulterated greed. What kind of "costs" were associated with this event besides the money forked out to Quinn in return for an "exclusive contract" for his signature? I haven't been very into the football scene in years, and maybe this is the norm, but I think it's wrong, especially so for someone who has not even spent a minute officially in a Browns uniform. If this is the standard in the National Felon's League, they can make their millions without my contribution.

No comments: