Friday, July 07, 2006

Totally 80's

Yeah! The "prairie look" is back! See here, here and here. Oh, how I loved my Gunne Sax clothes when I was in eighth grade! If I had any pictures I could put on line, I'd even be bold enough to share some with you! My daughters are using one of my old "prairie skirts" for dress-up; maybe I'll get a picture of one of them in it.

Did anyone else (of the right age ;)) love the prairie look? The ruffles, the puffed sleeves, the pretty calico prints, the quilted jackets? I've been buying old Gunne Sax patterns in kids' sizes when I can, so I can reproduce that look for my daughters. Well, I guess it will just have to be for Wildchild, who would live in skirts. The Scientist wears skirts reluctantly for special occasions and likes them very streamlined. One out of two isn't bad!

3 comments:

Dan @ Necessary Roughness said...

Hmmm. What's your reaction to this, this, or this? :)

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Why I could never have a career in fashion design! :)

Marie N. said...

I liked the skirts! In the 1980s I'd have to judge my blouses on a piece-by-piece basis. Some I loved and others made me look rediculous.
Now I'm waiting for high waisted pants to return.