Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Stamping!

Okay, we made four stamping projects on Sunday. It was fun, although I didn't do so great at it. My hands shake a lot and some of my stamps were kinda blurry. Oh well, I had a really nice day! Thank you to our stamp camp hostess who put everything together and helped us all through it! So, here are two of my projects.



The one with the red truck is going to my sister-in-law who is currently in Washington State. She's there for six to eight weeks for work, and she gets lonely. :( She used to drive a red pickup truck, and since she is an I Love Lucy fan, I made the driver's hair bright red! :)

Getting back to my "day out", I agree with Dr. Brenda Hunter in Home by Choice that women are not always that great at making time to hang out with other women. Of course, it's not as easy as it used to be. The women in my neighborhood work, so they're not around a lot. They're either working, or taking their kids to all the activities they put them in, or running errands on the weekends. But I do think social interaction helps keep my mood up and refreshes me for the things I have to do at home, so I like to do it when I get a chance. I'm an introvert, so I don't need interaction as much as an extroverted person would, but even introverted people need to spend time with other people!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't let Barb fool you! She did a terific job on her cards!!
deb

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Awwww, thanks Deb! Good to see you here!

KrazyinBrooklyn said...

good job, I would do stamping but its not for me. You can come to my house one day if your bord just call first

Barb the Evil Genius said...

I'll keep that in mind when I start "borrowing" the car again!

Marie N. said...

Your projects look great! Steadier hands might come with confidence. There are so many neat things in those catalogs.

skatey katie said...

*love* that pickup truck one... LOADS OF LOVE *giggle*

Des_Moines_Girl said...

Pretty pretty stamps! I haven't gotten into stamping myself (have stuck to scrapbooking) but I've been known to stand in front of the stamp display and drool. ;-)