Wednesday, May 31, 2006

This and That

What an awful day for people with allergies. I presume it is cottonwood trees that produce those white fluff balls that make it look like it's snowing; well, it was snowing hard today. And of course it was practically a blizzard right by my husband's office. I was miserable the whole time I was outside, which of course today had to be a lot. Had to drop my husband off at work, go buy cat food, go to Latin class, go to lunch with husband, then go back later and pick up husband, stop at the auto parts store, drop something off for Girl Scouts on the way home. My poor eyes looked and felt awful and I am scratching layers of skin off of my legs and feet. Maybe I should try over-the-counter Claritin. Benadryl works great but also knocks me out cold for hours. Not very useful when you have to be out driving.

Did you hear the juicy news that a U.S. President has close financial ties with the Bin Laden family??? Oh wait, it's Jimmy Carter. Never mind! You know, I didn't have much personal opinion of him as a President, seeing as I was in grade school when he was in office. But the more I hear of him, the more I think he is a disgrace to the title of United States President and to the name of Christian. I consider him a traitor to this country. He repulses me. H/t to Emperor Darth Misha I for the link.

Oh, and Emily, I know where Drury Lane is! It's near Chicago, right by my husband's office where he worked last year. I have proof:

7 comments:

Marie N. said...

Hope you are feeling better today! Does it help if you can stay inside in the air conditioning? My son's eczema is acting up too; we're going through the cortizone cream.

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Yes, staying inside is an enormous help. Fortunately we don't have anywhere to go today.

Emily said...

Yay! Now we can begin to plot our attack on the muffin man and his evil cohorts.

-dials up jack bauer's cell-

Susan B. said...

Hi Barb,

See if your doctor can give you a prescription for Zyrtec. I works great -- it even gets rid of the itching. And it doesn't make you drowsy. They ought to sell it over-the-counter.

Jimmy Carter was probably the worst President this country ever had. I remember his competence being openly questioned daily on the evening news.

Jessie said...

Hey there Mrs. Melone... Jessie here. Em finally convinced me to make a blog so here I am...

Sorry about the allergies. Dad and I get sinus trouble every major change in the season.

OOO - Em you have Jack's Cell Number!! Give it here, paweeeease!

Presbytera said...

Having lived with 2 allergy sufferers, I feel your pain. Perhaps the strong winds and rain washed all the cotton out of the air...at least one can hope!

Des_Moines_Girl said...

Hi Barb!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and answering the "gnocchi" question. Sounds delicious!

Later!