Tuesday, May 30, 2006

In a Snarky Mood

Like the Indians don't have enough problems, one of the members of the bullpen gets arrested. Honestly, I don't understand all the drinking and drugging with these pro athletes. And running away and hiding in the bushes? What's up with that? And all the news over LeBron James' mother's DUI arrest, and getting driving privileges restored to get to work. Hello, when your son is LeBron Freakin' James, why not just get mom a car and a driver? Not that I think the court should have ordered that. But seriously, when you or a family member is making so much it's like you're printing out money in your basement, why not just get a limo when you're going to get plastered? As for the NFL, it could almost stand for the National Felon's League.

And to complete my snark for the day. The Amish: Doing Jobs Americans Won't Do.

3 comments:

Marie N. said...

After a trip to New Orleans and hearing about all the crime that came to that city (mysteriously, at the same time as thousands of illegal immagrants came to 'help' with construction jobs) I'd prefer an Amish infusion into my neighborhood.

Lutheran Lucy said...

The Amish have a wonderful gift from God to be able to make furniture and build houses that are QUALITY!!!

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Lucy, I guess I should be glad it's our house in the picture then, shouldn't I? :)

Marie, I'd definitely prefer an Amish infusion too, except for all those lovely animal smells! ;) I'm glad we live close enough to Amish and Mennonites that they can do some of that construction work that other states have to bring in illegal aliens for. *cough*