Sunday, April 09, 2006

Tired But Good

Today (Saturday) was a pretty good day. I sewed a skirt for my youngest daughter and a top for my eldest daughter. I really enjoy sewing clothes for them. Often I can make things for less money than store-bought, and my things are better made than most store-bought clothes. My youngest daughter is especially hard on her clothes. Plus, the girls can design exactly what they want. They are really getting spoiled by that!

I find sewing to be a great hobby. I can whip out some easy things for quick gratification, as I did today, or I can make something more complicated and special. My husband, my eldest daughter and I are all long-waisted and have short legs, and it is nice to make things that really fit. I like it that I produce something "practical," plus I can always say, "Honey, we need more clothes; I need more fabric!" :)

This week I have to make Easter dresses. My eldest daughter's dress is fairly straightforward; she's not into girly frills. Fortunately for me, my youngest daughter is! Her dress will be more work, but not too bad. I also would like to make a hat for myself. Maybe after I make all this stuff I'll post a "fashion show" here!

The Indians won again today; that's good. Going for the sweep tomorrow! It's nice to get off to a good start in April.

Tomorrow is Palm Sunday, of course; my daughters and I are all singing in the choir. Then after lunch, we are going to Youngstown to make pasta with my Italian in-laws. That should be pretty fun. I'd like to make more food from scratch, but cooking is not one of my first loves. Maybe now as the girls are getting old enough to help more....

1 comment:

Lutheran Lucy said...

I used to sew when I was a teenager and would love to get back into it! Maybe I will when we get our Korean baby next year! It is wonderful that you make your daughters' clothes! The fashion for our girls today are way too seductive and grown up!