Saturday, April 15, 2006

Spring Cleaning

It's time for my family to do some revamping. My husband and I have not been happy with the "flow" around here for quite some time, but with the fresh air and sunshine of spring, we have been awakened to being able to make some changes. We're gaining perspective on what we need to get rid of, both literally and figuratively. There are things we have been holding on to because we didn't have anything to put in its place. But we've gotten some perspective of how these things are draining us, and what we will be better off without. Our sofa has been deteriorating for quite a while, with the help of my darling youngest. It's bringing down the appearance of our whole family room, which brings down my mood. It's got to go. I've also put too many expectations on myself that came from outside of my own little family. I have been rearranging my thoughts and feelings, to get rid of external pressure and concentrate on what is most important to me, my husband and children. I don't have room for thoughts that only drain me. I hope my family and I can successfully sort out the rubbish.

2 comments:

Genuine Lustre said...

Glad you are getting your Feng Shui act together. : )
Burn some sage.

Genuine Lustre said...

Barb -- oops. A case of mistaken identity. If my posts make no sense, it's because I thought you were a different Barb in Cleveland. I"m sorry! But still glad I found your blog!

Feeling silly . . . .