Monday, April 24, 2006

Sunshine Day

I didn't blog over the weekend because I spent a good bit of it "vegging out," so I found it hard to put good, coherent sentences together. Today I feel much more energetic and alert though, so I guess a "down" weekend was worth it. I do wonder how much the weather affects my mood; it's certainly not an uncommon idea. Yesterday it was gray and dull, and you could feel heavy rain approaching. Now that the rain has passed and the sun is shining again, I feel much better.

Tomorrow there is a field trip to a dairy farm through a Lutheran homeschool group. The girls should enjoy it because we are supposed to get an ice cream cone! So today I want to try to work a little extra schoolwork in. I wanted to do a little schoolwork with the girls last week, but we didn't get through as much as I wanted. The schools around here were on vacation, so the girls got more of an opportunity to play with friends who are normally in school and "after school care." Ah well. The weather has been lovely and it is good for them to be outside playing. There are several kids close by in our neighborhood and they can spend a whole day playing in various backyards. My daughters always let me know where they are, and I can see them myself most of the time. The other parents are good about keeping an eye out as well. It's pretty close to those idyllic carefree childhoods where you would leave the house after breakfast and not come home until dinner, even if a parent is always inobtrusively watching nowadays. Sometimes I'd like to spend all day playing outside myself!

No comments: