Friday, December 21, 2007

Round and Round It Goes

I got tagged by Lynn at Homeschool 2.0, and I have to name seven random things about myself. I've done this a couple of times before, so bear with me if you've been reading this blog for a long time and know all about me. :)

1) I lived in the same small western suburb of Cleveland, OH, until I got married at the age of 24 (not counting boarding at college.) This included one house move when I was very young.
2) I fantasize about owning a summer house along Lake Erie near Cedar Point, or even living there year-round, even though I couldn't go to Cedar Point in the winter. Lake Erie in the winter has its own stark beauty.
3) I usually get the same thing at a restaurant, or the same flavor of ice cream at an ice cream parlor. I know what I like, and I stick with it.
4) I wanted to be a writer when I was young. Now, I don't know how good I'd be at it, or at least how good at making money at it. I think I got the writer idea because in so many of books I read, the girl characters ended up as writers. I imagine that's because so many of them were at least semi-autobiographical, like Maud Hart Lovelace's Betsy-Tacy series.
5) I was never allowed to take piano lessons as a child. I took beginner piano in college, and kept it up for a couple of years after I graduated. I might not mind studying it again if I didn't have so many other priorities.
6) My adult doll collecting started with a Caboodle Barbie doll my husband got me as a little birthday gift one year. Did anyone else own a Caboodle? It was a plastic makeup case, rather like a tackle box, all the rage in the early nineties. I've moved to more upscale dolls in my collecting, but I still have that doll, and my Caboodle.
7) I'm not a very good swimmer. I do well enough to keep myself afloat, but I hate to put my head under the water.

I'm not going to tag anyone, since I've already done this meme before. If you want to do it, go for it.

4 comments:

Susan B. said...

Hi Barb,

I have a Caboodle that I got years and years ago. It's blue with silver sparkles. It's quite roomy and I keep all my make-up in it. :-)

Consecutive Odds said...

I helped you out, Barb.

I had a Caboodle too!

Cheryl said...

You sound just like me in the water. I hate to put my head under, too, (and can barely swim to save my life), even though I made it all the way to "fish" level in swimming lessons (a long, long time ago).

Pauli said...

Fun