Thursday, December 06, 2007

Return to Narnia

Via The Common Room, I see that the trailer for the movie Prince Caspian, sequel to The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe is now up. Although definitely not for purists, it looks like it will be a good film, that my daughters will enjoy. They liked the first movie well enough, although they are not Narnia crazy like their mother. I read the Narnia books over and over, and I wanted to *live* in Narnia. Or at least visit. Which is funny, really, because I'm not a person who likes the out-of-doors much, where most of the action takes place in the books. Not that I don't find Nature beautiful, and enjoy reading well-written depictions of things in Nature, but a lot of the time I'd personally just as soon be indoors. Just who I am, I suppose. Maybe I just liked the adventures.

Be warned, the trailer took a while to view properly, even with cable internet.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't know they were making Prince Caspian! I was just like you with the Chronicles of Narnia. I used to secretly pray that even though Narnia wasn't real, God could do anything, and so could He let me get there some day? I too, read those books umpteen times. I find it interesting that they chose that one to make into a movie because I always thought it was the slowest-moving of all the books.

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Actually they're just making the movies in order of the books. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader is currently in pre-production.

skatey katie said...

ohgosh, the comments page has finally loaded... we watched the trailer ON TV LAST NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!
(yeah, i'm shouting, it was *so* EXCITING!!!)
can't wait to see the movie X

Emily said...

its about time x3
i think i like caspian better with curly hair but the antonia banderas-esque accent is kinda cool x3 im glad a good director has finally decided to make the narnia movies.

the old ones were almost disturbing and they didnt do justice to the books.

Barb the Evil Genius said...

The accent kinda makes sense when you consider that Caspian's ancestors were pirates and island women.

Cheryl said...

My kids are eagerly awaiting this installment!

Cheryl said...

My kids are eagerly awaiting this installment!