Saturday, February 17, 2007

News From the Front


It's snowing. Like we need more snow. Oh, it's nice for my daughters and all that, it's just such a struggle to keep our driveway clear, and driving is difficult enough already with all the big piles of snow lying 'round. I want, I need to get out of the house, but I'm having problems finding ways to do it. And with all this white stuff, I'm become less and less motivated to get out, despite the fact that it would do me a lot of good! I guess I'm just blue.

My husband got me a few nice pressies for Valentine's Day, including an insulated cup, so I can take hot chocolate with me anywhere I go. I'm just not a coffee or a tea person. I have way too much of a taste for sweets. Things that my husband declares are way too sweet, I suck down without a problem. And Barb, I'm putting you on notice. I will be watching this cup when you are around. Susan, I'd worry about you if you were closer. Or I was closer to you! (shuts eyes and dreams of Florida)

Where was I? Anyway, there's some interpersonal stuff I'm struggling with right now, but I can't really talk about that, since it doesn't concern just me. Let's just say I feel like a fish out of water right now. Not sure where I fit in, where I belong. That tends to happen to me. I think I have good relationships, and then things seem to unravel, and I'm not sure why. My doctor also put me on some new medication that knocked me out all night and most of today, and caused me to have a long string of really strange dreams. (grumbles at doctor)

Grumble, grumble. Even something like ice skating is difficult right now, considering how far away the nice rinks are and how crowded the rink(s) are likely to be when I can take the girls along. And I love ice skating. For me, it's the closest thing to flying. Maybe I should dig a spot out in the back yard and run the hose for a while... (shuts eyes and dreams of ice skating.) And no, that's not me ice skating!

For right now, I'm hanging in there the best I can, surfing the net on my laptop and cranking music out of WinAmp that my husband just installed for me. And soon, I will be sampling hot chocolate-y chip goodness out of the oven. Yum. Hot chocolate chip cookies. What could be better on a cold day?

5 comments:

Presbytera said...

I am duly warned but DO keep your eye out : )

skatey katie said...

oh. my. gosh. barb !!!!!!!!
there is like a WHOLE PAGE of posts here and i have not been receiving. over.i am going off to catch up. right. now........

Babette said...

Yoga is like flying, can be practiced when snowed in, and lowers the blood sugar levels.

Jesus loves you, grumbles and all, and I hope you will soon be back to your old evil genius self, Barb!

Marie N. said...

Hi Barb,

Check out sporting goods stores for back yard hockey rinks. You can ignore the striping and skate away. A friend of mine has one that must be 25 feet by 35 feet. It is huge! Her boys play hockey on it in the winter.

Susan B. said...

Hi Barb,

For a few days last week it was pretty darned cold for Northwest Florida. It would get around freezing at night and maybe get in the upper 40s in the daytime. My skin got all dry and everything. It has warmed up now. I'm a wimp, though. I don't think I could handle single digit or below zero temps and several feet of snow.