Friday, February 23, 2007

Change of Pace

Today the four of us got to have lunch with my sister-in-law and her husband, who were in Cleveland. We went to Joe's Deli in Rocky River, home of the super-size sandwiches. This is half of the sandwich they serve you.

They did have a macaroni-and-cheese and fish special today for all you Catholics out there. :)

One of the nice things about homeschooling is the ability to do impromptu activities like this in the middle of the day. I'm also getting used to having the girls around me pretty much 24/7. They understand they need to give mommy her "alone time", but I'm dealing better with their presence.

After lunch, the girls and I ran a few errands. We picked up a catechism for the Scientist to use in her First Communion class. That was an interesting experience, as the church supply store we went too has closed their retail store and is mostly working out of a warehouse in the basement of the building. Fortunately, we were still able to get what we needed. Drat these translations! ;) I already had two different translations of Luther's Small Catechism at home; now we have three.

Then we ran to Michael's for a few crafty things and decorations for St. Pat's Day and Easter. Last item was the grocery store. I was glad to get home, but it was nice to get out today for a little, especially the lunch. Wish my sister-in-law lived here in town again, hint hint! ;)

2 comments:

skatey katie said...

yum that looks so yummy
i would definitely pick the monster sandwich over the macaroni cheese.
bleagh.
yeah, i l-o-v-e the freedom of home ed'ing too.

skatey katie said...

*kate waves to barb IRL*
you must be awake...
i just got a comment from you on my blog.. it's breakfast time on tuesday here lol