Monday, October 30, 2006

Good Times

I realized that it is a year and a day since a good friend of ours, especially of my husband's, died. No, I didn't really have the date imprinted in my memory, since we did not hear about his death until three days after the fact, due to Eric's parents having to track his friends down, and not knowing how to open his electronic address file. If I could change the world, one of the things I would do would be to enable us to find more friends like Eric, someone we could hang with for hours and even days on end, just content to be. Are good friendships such a rarity, or is it just a blessing some receive and others do not?

Here's a picture of Eric and my husband doing one of the things they enjoyed together, playing with LEGO brand building blocks. Actually, I think they were cleaning up after a big battle. This picture is owned by Troy Ceferatti, one of the guys who also played and built stuff with my husband and Eric on occasion. I'll put in a plug for his site, Troy's Surplus LEGO. Perfect for getting the individual pieces you need to complete your latest project.

7 comments:

~Kathy~ said...

Really true blue good friends are a rare find. I am sure you and your husband, especially your husband, treasure that friendship with Eric.
I don't mean to be nosy, so if I am, just ignore me, but was it an accident or illness. He looks so young in the picture.

Unknown said...

People now days tend to be so busy! it is difficult to have friends that you can "hang out" with. BTW, We were just "hanging out" last week!! :o) you can have true friends! (i *know* you have several!!!)

Barb the Evil Genius said...

He was very young, only 34 years old when he died. It was a combination of illness and then a bad result of that that caused his death.

Debbie, thank you for your comments. :)

~Kathy~ said...

Oh, I am so sorry! That is terrible.

skatey katie said...

barb
ikwym about people you can just arrive and stay on their couch and they bring ya cups of coffee.. or not.. and ya talk incessantly.. or not.. or listen to their latest fave soundz.. or not...
love those people.
i'm on the lookout for them all the time lol
and, cooley-ooley, i've found lots lately.
i'll be right over :o)

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Kate, I wanna come visit you so I can go to the beach! :)

Unknown said...

Need a travel companion Barb!? ;o)