Saturday, August 26, 2006

Ride On!

Yesterday was Homeschool Day at Cedar Point. An excellent opportunity: cheaper admission, refillable drink cups, meal tickets and a less crowded park. The Pistol Packin' Presbyter and Presbytera were able to make the trip with us. The Presbyter and I rode the Raptor, Blue Streak, Disaster Transport, Magnum, Power Tower and Gemini, sometimes with the Scientist and Wildchild. Alas, the Presbytera has no stomach for most rides, and had enough for a time after Sir Rub A Dub's Tubs. (Picture is a stock picture from the files of the Evil Genius. We had too much fun yesterday to take time for pictures.) Presbytera did happily join us bumping into one another on the Dodgems later.













The Presbytera also rode the Cedar Downs with us, and my memory did not serve me wrong! Cedar Downs is one of only two racing derby rides in the U.S. I knew there were very few of this fun ride around. Interestingly enough, the Cedar Downs was previously at Euclid Beach Park. Perhaps the Presbyter and Presbytera rode it there?

I thank the Presbyter and Presbytera for spending the very fun day with us, and hope that next year we will have more company! Quilter, I'm looking at you! Thank you also to P & P for listening to my rhapsodies about my very favoritest amusement park in the world! Homeschool Day was very nice: nicer guests, less smoking, no dropping of the F-bomb that I heard, not crowded at all. The Presbyter got some tremors upon spotting a guest in line for Raptor carrying a Rosary, but I managed to calm him down. :) Ride early, ride often!

5 comments:

Lutheran Lucy said...

That sounds like fun Barb! Our youth group wanted to go there for an end of the year trip, but it was too far away! Oh well!

skatey katie said...

woo hoo
you are a girl-racer!!!
that *blue streak* sounds like f-u-n !!!

Marie N. said...

I didn't know they had a homeschool day. The smaller crowd sounds nice.

Marie N. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Barb the Evil Genius said...

It was indeed a lot of fun! Kate, if you go to the Blue Streak's page you can "ride" it too!