Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Interesting Road Experience

We saw a huge column of black smoke floating up to the sky while the Dancer, Mr. BTEG and I were on the way home tonight. When we came around a curve, we saw that it was an older mini-van going up in flames. Not only was the fire spectacular, but sparks were also shooting up every so often. The Dancer correctly surmised that it was very likely a lack of engine coolant that started the conflagration, but then we had a little episode of our own with our radiator leaking a couple weeks ago. Fortunately, we did not have our engine get hot enough to catch fire, and also fortunately, we were on the opposite side of the freeway from the fire, so we slowed down only enough for everybody to drive by and get a look, and take pictures with their cell phones.

The funny thing was that I was attempting to get over to the middle lane so Gino could attempt to take pictures. I turned on my turn signal only to have the car in the middle lane behind me speed up and honk at me. As he went by, I saw that he had WWJD on his license plate. I wonder how Jesus would drive, lol.

3 comments:

Elephantschild said...

I'm sure our Lord would change his oil every 3,000 miles and check coolant levels periodically.

My husband *claims* he'd like to some day be party to a "catastrophic engine failure" Fine! as long as I'm not in the car!

Men - all they want to do is set things on fire and blow things up. :)

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Men - all they want to do is set things on fire and blow things up.

This is the entire premise behind Mythbusters!

Elephantschild said...

Ah-ha! That explains alot. It one of my older younger brother's favorite show.