Monday, February 11, 2008

Brrrr

Well, I certainly picked a great day to go to the doctor's office for a check-up. It is currently 5 degrees outside. In Celsius it sounds even worse; it's -15! Lots of schools are canceled for the day around here, but St. Barbara's by the Lake will be in session! Wildchild wrote "School Today" and three sad faces on the chalkboard. Way to start the day off, kid. I wish I could make it more fun for them, but I'm not sure how to teach them what they need for college and even high school and make it fun, at least all the time.

A knitting update: with the help of the Presbytera, I learned how to cast on, but I still need practice at it. We'll see how I do when it actually comes time to knit. That was always my problem with crochet. I could crochet a chain a mile long, but I couldn't crochet two rows together. Well, with crochet the other problem was that I am left-handed, and my mother had a difficult time teaching me backwards.

1 comment:

Jane said...

If you ever want to talk about the keeping it fun--at least most of the time--drop me an email.

{BTW, I got your comment about winning your contest. I didn't have your email addy, but my general health situation is such at this point that I don't think I'd be able to keep up my end of the deal right now.)