Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Just Passing Through

Today has turned out to be a hectic day. Doctors appointments for myself and the Scientist took up the morning; this afternoon Wildchild has her two dance lessons. This evening, the Scientist has her first 4-H meeting. Not too good for contemplative blogging.

I'm frustrated because I *need* to lose weight. :( I'm already afraid I won't be able to do it. Not a good attitude to start with, huh? Also, I could use more clothes, but I don't want to put the time into sewing anything, or put money into buying anything, until I lose weight. It's a vicious circle. I may just find some knit things to put together that will fit me at more than one size, and as for the weight loss, it just has to become a priority, like school or housework.

Speaking of housework, I'm also distressed at the moment because I have so much to do. Dirty dishes are stacked up, the girls and I need to put more time into schoolwork, there's always laundry to do, and there's always sewing, too, even if I'm not sewing anything for me. I'll be back later tonight.

3 comments:

skatey katie said...

i know i keep raving on about this, but i really needed to STOP EATING potatoes, rice, pasta, bread for my kilos to melt away.
it made a huge difference: in the first three days i felt like my head had cleared.

google CSIRO and take a look. it's really helped my focus. am even off to the gym with hubby for the fourth time in eight days, did a 6km bike ride/walk yesterday (yeah, the hill beat me)

you can drop a kilo a week safely, which will see ya sorted well before your summer, then buy the new bikini and celebrate that bod.

btw, did you say you have a Fabulous Holiday Destination planned for your summer???
love X

Unknown said...

after giving birth to 5 babies, my body has greatly expanded. lol I was at my highest weight after #5. I was not able to fit into most of my clothes. Last spring/summer i decided i was NOT going to gain any more weight and i did NOT want to stay at that weight either. We cut back on candy, cookies, chips and snacks. We hardly ever go out for or purchase ice cream. I stay away from the bakery dept at GE. (fruit flies help curb that craving) I try to avoid the candy isle too. I find it (sometimes) easier to say NO to the checkout candy if i have someone with me. A secret reason i like dh to go shopping with me. ;o) This fall i was able to fit into clothes i had not been able to wear for years. :o) We wont talk about what happened after all the Christmas cookies/candy....I have an exercise tape that i actually like, but haven't gotten that into my chaotic day (YET!)
Good Luck! :o)

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Kate, we don't have a Fabulous Holiday Destination, per se, but we are getting season passes to Cedar Point amusement park, which is a lot of fun *and* lots of walking. If we stay overnight a night or two there's even a beach!

I'm trying to cut down on carbs and sweets; I don't think I can cut out completely! *sob*