Monday, January 21, 2008

Decorating with Cat Hair

With the cold weather, the cats love to snuggle with me in my recliner. At times, I can have three cats perched on and around me when I am sitting. However, it's annoying to be picking cat hair out of my cross-stitch work. And, like Lutheran Lucciola, I am trying to learn how to knit, and it's annoying while winding my ball of yarn to be picking cat hairs out of that as well. I'm using a Klutz book to attempt to learn how to knit. I don't know if I ever want to do anything fancy like Marie or LotzaStitches. I would just like to be able to knit scarves, hats, dishcloths, things like that. Without cat hair as an added decoration! Today I may whip myself out a hat sewn out of fleece, however. Did I mention the weather is cold? At least the sun is out. And cats are not allowed in the sewing room!

5 comments:

Elephantschild said...

My cat thinks it's HILARIOUS to sit on my pattern tissue. She also loves to paw the pins out of cut-out projects. What a putz. She's even unthreaded my serger for me a time or two - how helpful!

I'm a just-learning-to-knit girl, too, after being a life-long crochet-er. I found "continental" style knitting worked better for me, since I can hold the yarn the same way as I do when crocheting.

Consecutive Odds said...

Forget Cat hair... I have to pick out Liz hair from my yarn!

Unknown said...

I love that you do these things. You rock, girl. And you're just too lovable...that's why the cats love you so.

Marie N. said...

There seems to be an age old mutual attraction between cats and knitting. Good luck with your knitting adventures!

Lutheran Lucciola said...

I think we are all learning knitting!

It's a movement, I tell ya!