Friday, October 05, 2007

Yeah! It's Friday!

I notice that I've been posting quite a bit on learning-related matters lately. I don't want this blog to become a strictly homeschooling blog; I like being able to talk or rant about whatever is moving me. At the moment, teaching the girls and planning their lessons is taking up a lot of my time and interest. I'm also fascinated by the egregious failings within the public educational system. Of course, I can afford to find it fascinating because I don't have children whose educations are being ruined in the system. In the big picture, though, it is not good for our country's future to have children receive such poor educations. But then, I can't do anything about our country's system of education, and I certainly don't have all the answers in any case. All I can do is make sure my own children are learning, to the best of my ability and theirs.

Frankly, the political scene right now is rather discouraging to me. It seems as though there is a lot of cheating, back room deals, lying and everything else being brought to light, but nothing is coming of it. Ah, well. The wheels of God grind slowly.

Still waiting to get our van back. I'm tired of driving the old beater I'm in right now. Thus, I hate going anywhere.

Mr. Evil Genius had asthma as a child, and it now appears as though some of the things he's suffered from as an adult stem from that. His doctor is starting him on some asthma medication. It's discouraging to be tied to medication and pills, but we're hopeful that he can improve his physical state now that this has been diagnosed.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You and I are like-minded about school, although Mr. Shumway and I are praying earnestly and considering putting our son into public school next year in the 9th grade. But we have our eyes wide open as we pray about what to do, unlike so many parents who just "do what everyone else is doing" as far as education is concerned. God is sovereign, and we know He will show us what to do.

Unknown said...

Oh, I forgot to say in reference to your comment on my flight attendant TT, I quit flying before 9-11 to be a full-time mommy, and yes, we got to bypass security!!! What I miss is staying in nice hotel rooms for free---no housework in sight!!!