Sunday, September 23, 2007

Post in Search of a Title

If I could have typed telepathically yesterday, I would have put up a post. Thoughts were swirling around in my brain, but I was apathetic about typing them out onto a screen. Even the Indians game last night was not really noteworthy. Fortunately, our magic number is down to one just the same. Would have liked to have gone to the game, but Husband is not feeling well. Hopefully the Indians will do well today and not have to depend on the Tigers to lose for them to clinch at home.

I finished a shirt yesterday that's been in the works for a while. I've kind of put the quilted purse aside temporarily. The pattern calls for folding the raw edges of the quilted straps over and pressing them down. I've already discovered that doesn't work so well with the quilted material, so I've kind of dreaded putting the straps on, which is the next step.

I'm hoping we'll be able to take a little trip or two to enjoy the fall weather and the colors of the leaves. I think fall is my favorite season of the year, despite the fact that it predicates winter's chill.

2 comments:

Elephantschild said...

Got an idea for those quilted straps, but I'm out of time on the computer - I'll come back.

See ya tomorrow!

Elephantschild said...

Ok, so it's not "tomorrow." /toothy grin.

If you strip the batting and backing off of 1/3 of the width of the cut pieces for those straps, would that reduce the bulk enough to make it easier to fold over and sew down?

Alternately, could you back the strap with a contrast fabric, instead of folding the quilted fabric over itself to make the strap?