Monday, September 17, 2007

Eating Our Way Through Little Italy



When your in-laws are Italian, you can't go to just any Italian restaurant. All the food gets compared to the way "Grandma used to make it," and Grandma used to make it from scratch. My husband turns up his nose at most Italian chain restaurants. But we always enjoy getting together in Little Italy, a section of Cleveland. Yesterday we gathered with my in-laws to celebrate our nephew's 18th birthday, and ate and talked with family for ages.

Then we visited two of the bakeries in Little Italy, and ate and talked some more. My husband loves Corbo's bakery; the cookies there are just like the ones all the women in his extended family used to bake when he was growing up.

My nephew decided to take advantage of being 18 by doing one of the things he's legally allowed to do now.

4 comments:

Marie N. said...

There are some wonderful restaurants there I don't get to enjoy often enough! Glad you had fun.

Consecutive Odds said...

Ooooo what kind of cigar? My girlfriend's dad introduced me to them! I am more of a dark leaf gal, myself....

skatey katie said...

oh i love rites of passage.
that cigar will be remembered forever.
*love* the italian feast you all had barb, what a wonderful day X

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Liz, I don't know what kind of cigar. :) Nobody in the family really smokes them.