Friday, November 07, 2014

Moving On, Moving Out

Another life change has happened here at Casa de Evil Genius: the Musician has moved out. It's been an adjustment, having only one daughter at home. I miss having the Musician around, but it's also freeing. Most of our homes have been on the crowded side, and it's nice just having the space. And the Musician was very happy and eager to be more on her own (she's rooming with a friend.) Honestly, it's nice having more time to focus on myself! I've enjoyed being a stay-at-home mom, and I look back very fondly on that time. But it's also nice to be able to work more on my own dreams and ambitions.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Wow! That's a big change in your life! I'm glad that she is happy where she is and that you are adjusting well. Some of my friends had a difficult time letting their children move out, but I have always thought it was an exciting time for the entire family. Enjoy your freedom and extra space!

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Thank you! It is indeed exciting to see our eldest take steps on her own.