Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodbye Old, Hello New

We survived Christmas and even managed to drag ourselves over to our friends' house for dinner after church. We then proceeded to sleep the next two days. At last the girls and I got ourselves to the doctor's a couple of days ago for antibiotics and cough syrup. The Equestrienne and I are also treating pink eye. I will definitely do my best to avoid getting sick the rest of the winter season.

Christmas was enjoyable, just tiring. It was fun watching the girls open their gifts. Church was great, as always.

Once again, I have made several New Year's resolutions. Since I have been sick I have lost ten pounds. One thing I would like to do is keep that off and get rid of more weight. There is a treadmill in the garage that needs to be down the basement. Mr. BTEG has had too many health issues of his own to move it. Maybe my brothers-in-law can help with it when my in-laws come over tomorrow. My sisters-in-law are bringing most of the food, which is a blessing since we are still resting a lot here at our house.

I didn't post nearly as much as I wanted to this year. 2008 was a very slow posting year due to being in the hospital and all the emotional difficulties before and after. I was hoping to do better in 2009. I can always hope 2010 will be better, at least partially because we are not crammed into a tiny living space anymore. I pray we have good health and also pray for good health and happiness for my readers. Blessed 2010!

3 comments:

Scottius Maximus said...

Barb!

Happy New Year! Looking forward to reading here in 2010.

Elephantschild said...

I'm so sorry you guys have been sick. Boo!

I'm jealous of your treadmill. I would really like to have some sort of equipment - even something boring! - in the house! At this point, even 10 minutes per day would help me out!

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Keep your eyes out, EC! We got our treadmill from a neighbor's treelawn.

Happy New Year, Scottius! Won't be too long until pitchers and catchers report! ;)