Thursday, September 07, 2006

Run Run Run!

Yesterday the Scientist had her first Latin class of the 2006-2007 school year. We also needed groceries desperately and the Scientist needed shoes desperately. So we took care of those tasks. I also signed the Scientist up for gymnastics classes. She starts Saturday.

Then today, my sister-in-law and her husband came up to Cleveland for a medical visit. When she was done, I picked up my husband from work and we met for lunch at Don Pablo's. And especially since my in-laws grew up in Youngstown, what could be better for dessert than some yummy Handel's! My brother-in-law was familiar with the store, as he has worked on installing the air conditioning and refrigeration system in every Handel's. As franchises out of Youngstown, I guess they use the same Youngstown firm every time. Here's my great sister-in-law with her loving nieces! Oh, and Lutheran Lucy, this is the sister-in-law who also Loves Lucy. Notice the red hair color!

Then I had to buy tights and ballet shoes for Wildchild, who is taking ballet this year. We had to drive to downtown Craphole Elyria, which I am going to try to never, ever, do again. The traffic is aggravating, the lights are annoying; it was just a pain. But aren't these ballet shoes so cuuuuuuute?

And speaking of ballet, after reading my post about the book Ballet Shoes, a (currently) anonymous blog reader and member of my church loaned me these three books to read to my daughters. I'm looking forward to it, and very thankful for the loan!

Fortunately, I have no place to go tomorrow, so we can really dive into the schoolwork. Not that I haven't been taking advantage of all the time in the car. The Scientist read all of Island of the Blue Dolphins today during our trips around town!

7 comments:

Marie N. said...

If you don't like your current supplier see where other moms from the ballet studio shop. There has to be someplace you'd rather go!

The Capezio at Parmatown closed when I was still dancing. When I got older I had to go across the river to buy my shoes (gasp!) Scandelous!

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Well, that's the thing. The ballet studio had this store come to the studio on a Saturday recently to sell things for the classes. We just couldn't make it that day, but I certainly will try the next time!

Dancewear stores seem to be few and far between in this area right now. I remember when every mall had a Capezio too.

Anonymous said...

Payless and sometimes even walmart have ballet and tap shoes-cheap!

chaplain7904 said...

I didn't know that romans828 read blogs. Maybe she'll start writing one. This is the way that shepherds keep up with their sheep in the 21st century, I guess.

Lutheran Lucy said...

Hi Barb! It is always good to "meet" another Lucy fan!! :)

Admin said...

LOL! My mom enrolled me in ballet classes when I was in first grade. It was humiliating to be stripped down to my underwear the first day of class because she hadn't gotten me the ballet slippers or a leotard. BTW, forty years later, I still have all the grace of an ox.

skatey katie said...

(totally different topic lol)
i love that *homeschoolin' in the car* trick, works here too.....