Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Rambling

Does anyone else think this ironic? I recently heard an ad for an organization that purports to help people be more responsible with their money...followed by an ad for an online company where you can bet on sporting events.

Doesn't it stand to reason that after I stood outside in the cold rain (with an umbrella, at least) and fixed the windshield wipers on our car because I was sure it was going to rain the rest of the day, that it would stop raining?

Why go to a doctor that you don't trust?

I hate incomplete news reports. There was no point in reading online today that two men in chicken costumes were protesting the political debate between Ted Strickland and Ken Blackwell, without hearing what they were actually protesting. I was, on the other hand, informed that the chicken heads were removed before the protesters were put into cruisers by police for blocking traffic. Well, I'm glad they didn't get those chicken heads banged up! I didn't find out until a news report on the radio tonight that they were protesting the exclusion of the Libertarian candidate in the debate. I wasn't, by the way, impressed with either of the two debaters' answers about funding for public schools, at least the clips I heard.

Does anyone else just not care about television programs anymore? I used to get into certain shows, feel interest in the new TV season. Now I just find it all boring. I watch TV when I have absolutely nothing else better to do. I'd rather be posting rambling comments on my blog. :)

3 comments:

Scottius Maximus said...

Barb!

It should be a rule taught in journalism school, that any news story that contains the word chicken costume, or chicken head, should be killed on the spot.

Amen to each ramble.

Presbytera said...

I'd rather be reading ramblings on blogs than watch TV...well at least until the new season of 24 starts!

Rick said...

Fox's programming on Monday and Tuesday nights is pretty interesting. Other than that, I don't really care for TV. Would rather blog or play the musical instruments.