Friday, February 18, 2011

Driving Me Crazy

I'm so glad the weather is beautiful, because I feel like crud. Not because of any illness I have, but because I am just worn out today. Remember how I said it's always easier to solve other people's problems? Well, I feel like I've cut just about everything non-essential out of my life, and can't cut anymore. I think the real issue is that, only having one car, I'm spending a good deal of my life driving people around, and after all, Mr. BTEG can't stop going to work and the Musician can't stop going to high school, can they? And the Dancer, well, there are several good reasons for her to keep dancing. I just keep telling myself that this too shall pass. The Musician is gung ho to get her student driving license this summer; if all goes well she will be a real live licensed driver this coming winter.

3 comments:

Elephantschild said...

Summer before last I spent most of the summer without a car. It's no fun. *hugs*

Karen said...

It's really difficult when you spend your life on the road driving people from place to place. I always felt like my time was wasted. One thing that helped me was to bring a small sewing project (I don't knit) along in the car. Then if I was stuck waiting for a train, or waiting for someone to get out of work, etc., I would sew. It didn't seem like much at one time, but by the end of the week quite a bit was accomplished. I hope that when your daughter drives, your time frees up a little. ((((hugs))))

Scottius Maximus said...

Barb!

One of the greatest moments in life is the day of the driver's license. You're about to get a lot of your time back!