Friday, May 08, 2009

Stress

It only occurred to me yesterday that the fact that we are planning a move might make a difference in my mood and view of life. That seems rather silly of me considering that moving is one of the big life changes, although not up there with death or divorce. I think the fact that this will be a *good* move (we're not moving until we find some place we're really happy with and that is larger) helped me forget about the stress part of it. After all, I've been looking forward to this move almost since right after when we moved into where we are now, since we had to make do with the best we could last time. But there is still stress in packing, deciding what is worth taking and what isn't, finding a new place, balancing our wants with our budget, and encouraging our daughters to sort through their messy bedroom. I need to be aware of externals to make sure I'm not just beating up on myself as I so often do.

3 comments:

Lutheran Lucciola said...

You and I are both learning about our triggers!! Most definitely moving is VERY stressful. I will keep you in my prayers too. Self care all around!! ;-)

Elephantschild said...

Amen on the moving. I used to love it, but that changed once I passed age 30. It's fun to start fresh in a new place, buy OH the work involved...

Barb the Evil Genius said...

I will pray for you too, LuLu. Self care is important!

Yes, EC, I'm hoping we won't have to move after this one, at least for a looooong while!