Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Computerless in Cleveland

More or less. My laptop is acting up, or more accurately, locking up. Grrrr. Until my computer guy, AKA DH, can get it fixed, I'm using the daughters computer, sitting on the floor, holding the keyboard in my lap. Not conducive to long diatribes on the state of the world, the Cleveland Indians, the local economy, or anything else.

We're easing our way into school, partially because the girls are getting bored with summer vacation, partially because I'm eager to get started using all the cool stuff I found. It won't hurt to get a little ahead of the game, as we're apt to fall behind at some point.

3 comments:

Elephantschild said...

Happy Homeschooling! Sparkle Kitty beat me to the starting line and starting writing on her own... her "spelling" looks like
Russian or Greek and she refuses to use either lowercase letters OR spaces between words, but hey, she's five. :)

~Kathy~ said...

Yeah, our summer has really wound down (but I keep wondering where it actually went, anyway). We officially start the day after Labor Day, but we are slowly gearing-up ourselves.

Kathy in TX from ML

Unknown said...

Hey,
Started school Monday. It's Friday now. We had a great week. I'm trying something new this year and I like it. (I have 8th grade, 5-6 grade, and 3rd grade). This is my fifth year and the first year I feel relaxed about it. BTW, how did those capris turn out? I wish I could sew that good, but I'm afraid straight-line sewing for curtains and slipcovers is all I can do. :-( Anyway, thanks for stopping by my blog!