Saturday, September 13, 2014

Still Looking Ahead

My medication difficulties continue. Being off of the one med was helping me as far as general mood and energy, but I did have a couple of mixed episodes fairly quickly. If you are not familiar with bipolar, a mixed episode involves manic and depressive symptoms together. You are agitated, angry, depressed, apt to act out. So long term, I do need some kind of medication beyond the two I am still currently taking. My doctor prescribed me something newer, which is not supposed to have the side effect of raising cholesterol. However, I'm starting to exhibit sleep deprivation symptoms. Melatonin does not seem to help, and I can't stand any kind of tea. In the meantime, I'm keeping on as best I can, on the road to a healthier me. I'm thankful that we have two cars, and that the Musician is home a good bit of the time, when she's not at work, and can drive and help out. I'm also extremely thankful that I don't have an outside job. Mr. BTEG is a great support, in every way.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Praying that your medication issues get resolved soon. Thankful that you have such a wonderful family to see you through this time.(((hugs)))

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Thank you, Karen. Still working through some things, but had a better night's sleep last night.

Pauli said...

Prayers.

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Thank you very much, Pauli.