Monday, April 15, 2013

Who Says?

I had alarm bells go off yesterday when reading a comment from someone in a crafting forum. She pronounced an action that someone else had taken with one of her patterns, not as right or wrong, but as not "fair." Well. I guess all you need to do is scream "Unfair!" and Mommy or Teacher should come right over and make it fair. Right? Life *should* be fair. And all we have to do is pass more laws, and play nice with others, and it all will be fair.

Remind you of any group that you know?

2 comments:

Pauli said...

I point out the inherent "unfairness" of the world often to my kids in the face of their endless "not fair" gripes. They need to get used to it. I don't mean ignoring unjust actions of their siblings which I try to remedy best I can, but stuff like "he's 4 years older", or "he got invited to a party and I didn't" is the unfairness that you can do nothing about.

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Exactly. Obviously, this woman's parents didn't get it through her head as a child that life is not always fair.