Monday, July 11, 2011

The Future

I'm feeling better today. I need to find someone that I can "dump on" when I'm feeling frustrated or confused. Although I should also journal more. Writing things down is really a good way to get things out of my system. Like Karen, I'm starting to feel like I have church issues. Which is surprising. Our church is liturgical and traditional, which I like, and the pastors are great. But is it wrong to want to have friends with some of the people that you go to church with, instead of just everyone being a bunch of people that you see once a week? Distance is also getting to be an issue, with the price of gas, and also because I would like to have some kind of local feeling at my church. We leave at least twenty minutes to a half hour away from most of the people who attend the church. And I am also really not fond of the new location (long story.) I think Greater Cleveland needs more than one confessional Lutheran church!!

3 comments:

Kitten said...

Since I'm not familiar with Confessional Lutheran hierarchy, is there any way you can encourage your denomination to plant another congregation? That does seem to be a large population center for having only one.

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Well... there are lots of Lutheran churches around. Just not very conservative, which is what "confessional" means in this instance. Although the current president of our denomination is far more conservative than his predecessor, so perhaps we will see a swing back to conservatism. (shrugs)

Elephantschild said...

I have a similar issue at my own congregation. Everyone's nice, but I've not found good friends there. Passing acquaintances, yes, but not FRIENDS.