Friday, June 13, 2008

Glad to Be Home

After two very full days, and a drive through heavy rain, we are home again, and glad to be here. Husband and I had a very good time out in the country. I loved shopping for fabric and yarn, and I'll take some pictures of my "loot" to share over the next couple of days.

Our daughters had a good time with their aunt and uncle, and their aunt took them to a few museums that I can add to their homeschool list. :)

I'm tired, but very happy after the good time we had. I think Husband and I really needed the time away, and it was nice to make some more memories together.

6 comments:

skatey katie said...

oh barb, barb!!!!!
am so glad you guys had such a good time. i am really missing Bulldog's and my weekends that we had last year. we had a little *thing* going on with friends: one month we had their 2 kiddos for the weekend, the next month they had our four.
yeah, we were onto a good thing lol.
what were your impressions of the Amish lifestyle? think you could ever go there? i am enamoured with the simplicity of self-sufficiency, but i think i'd really miss my movies lol X

Elephantschild said...

fabirc... yarn...

uuuuhhh..... ::wipes drool from edges of mouth::

Inquiring minds want to know: Does Mr. BTEG go into the yarn and fabric stores with you? :)

Susan B. said...

Hi Barb,

Welcome back...I'm happy to hear that you had a great time! :-)

Presbytera said...

Welcome home. So glad for the happy memories!

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Kate, I don't think I could ever go Amish. I'd hate to be in a dark dress and black bonnet on a hot day with no air-conditioning! :)

EC, Mr. BTEG did go into the fabric and yarn stores with me. He even helped me pick stuff out when my brain got too overwhelmed.

Thank you, Susan and Presbytera!

skatey katie said...

He even helped me pick stuff out when my brain got too overwhelmed.
now THAT is the perfect guy.
awesome!!! X