Thursday, March 08, 2007

Truly Meat, Right and Salutary

So, according to the U.N., animals raised for food generate more greenhouse gases than all cars and trucks combined? Well, Glenn Beck is hot on the story, complete with pics of those hypocritical celebrities and politicians who decry global warming and yet see nothing wrong with having a nice beef sammich. I say, if you want to reduce your "meat footprint," dig all that top sirloin, porterhouse, prime rib, and heck, even the ground beef, out of your fridge and give it to me. Pass me that chocolate milk, too.

Of course, if animals are producing so much, um, output, can we blame global warming on all our agrarian ancestors who raised animals for food and clothing, and used animals as beasts of burden and for transportation?
Hey, don't look at me

6 comments:

jau said...

I LOVE the Lego fruit! I want to build a house - and eat it!!!

skatey katie said...

yeah, but what's with the *sheep* ??????
didn't you know that every new zealander has six sheep in our backyard>>>>> which is why the grass grows so well.

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Well, sheep do fit into that "animals raised for food thing," and I had a picture of a sheep in my personal files, but not a cow. I prefer beef to mutton though.

I can relate to the "every New Zealander has six sheep in their backyard" thing. In Bay Village, where I grew up, everyone was rich and owned a boat.

skatey katie said...

ooooooooooooo
i wish i knew you *when you were growing up*...
i would l-o-v-e a boat....

Anonymous said...

Awww, shucks, you beat me to blogging on this. Oh, well, the chuckle I got reading your title was worth not being first. :) Isn't that photo Beck has up of Hilary chowing down just precious?

Barb the Evil Genius said...

I'm glad somebody noticed the title. (big grin) And yes, I love those photos, elephantschild.