Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Pet Food Recall

This pet food recall in the U.S, with over 90 brands of cat and dog food listed, concerns me. Thank God, our cats are not affected. It still makes me wonder. Will we be told the source of the contaminated product when all is said and done? Why will the FDA not identify the supplier of the wheat gluten? Is it paranoid to wonder exactly how this contamination occurred? In the meantime, I feel sad for all the people who have lost beloved pets due to this.

Article above via Lucianne.

3 comments:

Admin said...

Fortunately, my brand of cat food was not one of the ones affected. It's really got to be heartbreaking to lose a young cat to kidney failure--that doesn't normally kick in until late teens or early 20s.

Barb the Evil Genius said...

It very much is. We lost a cat about seven years ago to kidney failure; he was only seven years old himself at the time. I still miss Hobbes very much.

Unknown said...

This is so scary. We don't have any pets.. except for fish. But if we did I would be so scared. I feel horrible for all of the people who have lost their pets.