Monday, September 11, 2006

A Few School-Related Things

First of all, I discovered to my surprise today that Target had a decent selection of school supplies marked down on clearance. I mean basic stuff, like tape, pencils, pens. And scissors! Scissors are always disappearing at our house. I was happy to get a good price on stuff we go through like crazy anyway.

And speaking of good prices, check out the prices on books here! One caveat, their website does not operate in real time, so a book on their site may not actually be available. Five of the six books I ordered were in stock though, so not bad. When I get the books, I'll let you know how their shipping service, etc. was.

Lastly, for those who love to gaze at the sky and the stars, the Astronomy Picture of the Day offered by NASA is always a fun and informative look. Here's some pictures of a lunar eclipse that my girls stayed up late to see with their father in October of 2004. Their mom also spent some time outside watching it. :)


5 comments:

skatey katie said...

yeah, what is it avout scissors-on-the-loose... lose???
i bought myself a special pair invisibly labelled
THESE ARE MOMMY'S: BUZZ OFF AND GET YOUR OWN
they live in my kitchen drawer:
and.... DO YOU THINKD ANYONE CAN READ MY LABEL?????
i had a psycho-moment this morning when i realised that *someone* has removed them and NOT PUT THEM BACK.....

KrazyinBrooklyn said...

I remember the Luner Eclipes Lily,Theo and I stayed up trying to explain to Lily what it was.

Marie N. said...

Great elcipse photos! Thanks for posting them :-)

Pauli said...

Best 9/11 blog post yet. Thanks.

Rick said...

Barb, I think you and the hubby will get a laugh out of Yoda's math post.