Saturday, September 30, 2006

Bedtime Blogging

The Evil Genius family went to a birthday party today for The Original Trouble. Lots of birthday parties to go to, but it's nice. My daughters went to a lot when they were in parochial school, so now that they are being homeschooled, this fills in that void. Actually, it's better because they are better friends with the kids they know now. It's also that oh-so-coveted chance for me to get out and see other adults, and for my husband to do "man stuff" like grunting and watching violent movies. (Love ya, hon!) Anyway, we had a good time today.

We also received some very good news. My sister-in-law is starting a job in this area (a promotion from her previous job) where she will be traveling around between various stores in Northwest Ohio, with our immediate "neighborhood" being the furthest east in her area. They're putting her up in a hotel during the trial period for this job, since she doesn't currently live in this area, and she just found out that her hotel will be a lot closer to us than we had hoped, only a couple of freeway exits away! (I suppose that's the big-city suburbanite way to measure things, "freeway exits.") So we will be seeing more of my sister-in-law, probably even more than we had hoped. That will be very enjoyable.

A pair of readers very shrewdly ascertained that all was not completely kosher in the realm of the Evil Genius, and I was asked about it today. Well, for them and anyone else who's wondering, it's true that the last couple of weeks I've been not quite myself. Some of it is caused by external stressors with no clear end in sight. Some of it you would probably need the DSM to figure out. This kind of thing is hard to just chat about in a blog, and I don't have always everything straight anyway. I do enjoy blogging and sharing stuff with the big wide world, and I like hearing what all of you are up to! So I will keep on trying at my myriad of tasks, and at sharing my own unique take on life, the universe and everything.

1 comment:

Marie N. said...

Thanks for the flowers! Now the Engineer and I can see up close the success of your experiment :-)