Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Tagged Again!

This time by Indiana Jane. I have to “devise a list of 5-10 courses you would take to fix your life. It’s more fun to be in classes with friends, so include one class from the person who tagged you that you’d also like to take. Tag five.”

Picking the course I'd take with Indiana Jane is easy: German. I majored in German in college; I studied it for five years (not all in college :P.) My skills have gotten, not surprisingly, a little rusty since I have not been speaking or reading it as much. I'd like to get better again, especially because I am teaching it to my daughters.

Art. Say, watercolors or pencil drawing, preferably with colored pencils. My younger sister was always pegged as the "artistic one," but I do have some artistic talent, and I'd love to see if I could expand it. I'd like to study figure drawing too, as that would go well with my next course.

Fashion History. I've discovered a real interest in fashion history over the years. I'm especially interested in the period of about 1893-1912. I've learned a lot on my own, but a class would be great.

Sewing. Specifically a course on draping and fitting, and drafting my own patterns.

Jewelry Making. This is one of the things I am interested in that I do not have time, money or space to do.

Acting. Just because I think it would be fun.

Dance. To give me more grace and better posture, and for the weight-loss aspect.

So now, I'm going to tag: Barbara, silvermine, Elephant's Child (yes, I know, but you're likely to get tagged with this one sooner or later anyway!), Lilac Rose (I haven't tagged her in a while), and um, Deb, I guess, but only after she gets back from vacation and tells us all about it!

6 comments:

Jane said...

ooohh--I want to take fashion history with you!!

Susan B. said...

Hi Barb,

Thanks for the tag! I already know that I want to take sewing with you. :-) I will get mine posted probably sometime this evening.

Elephantschild said...

Aw, shucks. I really don't mind being tagged that much... it's just fun to whine about. :)

I promise to be nicer.

Susan B. said...

Hi Barb,

I apologize for not posting mine yet. I went home early from work because I got a bad headache and I'm still trying to get over it. I hope to get mine up by tomorrow evening. I've been really thinking about some possibilities, though. :-)

Susan B. said...

Okay, I've got mine up now. I also want to add that I find fashion history interesting as well. I've purchased several books on Victorian and Edwardian fashion.

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Susan, I bet we have some of the same books! We could take fashion history with Jane! :)