Monday, October 22, 2007

Festive Fall Weekend

On Saturday we went to a pumpkin patch. We went on a hayride, Mr. Evil Genius and the girls made it through a corn maze, and we bought over 70 pounds worth of pumpkins, some for carving, some for painting, and some for making pumpkin pies later.

We also brought home other some local produce: corn, apples, tomatoes, and yummy apple cider.

We had a big pumpkin painting party when we got home. Mr. Evil Genius cleverly created a "reverse" pumpkin.



Then yesterday we went down to the Akron area to celebrate my sister-in-law and her husband's 25th wedding anniversary. They were included in a special Mass for people who had been married 25 years or more. There were over a hundred couples there; one couple has been married 71 years!

After the Mass, we went to a lovely restaurant. It was nice to enjoy the weekend and forget about baseball. :(

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the reverse pumpkin! Do you mind if we use that idea? What a great, fun weekend you had! I need to get some pumpkins for us soon and the kids keep talking about costumes, the part I dread because I never want to put any effort into them. After all, we have four birthdays and an anniversary in October. I'm tired by that time! (I'm such a downer, I know!)

skatey katie said...

love your day barb, love MEG's reverse pumpkin.
do you know, there's a NZ kids clothing company called *pumpkin patch* !!!!!!!

Gino A Melone said...

Feel free to use the reverse pumpkin, provided you post pictures. :)

BTW, I used flat-black spray paint to start. Then let it hang from a string to dry. Worked pretty well.